Instagram

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Season 2 Episode 1 "The First Day(s) of School

EDUCATING JO

Season 2
Episode 1

I hope you enjoy watching the new and improved (shorter) version of Educating Jo. I would love to hear what you do to start your school year off on the right foot. I would love to continue this conversation with you in the comments!

First Day of School
Hey Jo, Today I want to talk to you about the first day of school.
Intro
Welcome to Season 2 of Educating Jo, where I, an average Joe, talk about topics in education, to my lovely wife, whose name happens to be Jo. Since this is a weekly vlog, I will be uploading a video every Wednesday. I’m going to do a few things differently in season 2 now that I know what I’m doing??? First, I’ll do my best to keep videos under 5 minutes (although we all know sometimes it's hard for me to shut my mouth...Second each week of the month with have a theme.
1st week: class activity
2nd week: tech tool
3rd week: teaching philosophy
4th week: Weird Animal Wednesday Skype
August is already ruined because it has 5 weeks, so we’ll just pretend the first one never happened. So based on the schedule (pretending this is the 3rd week in August) I’ll be discussing the teaching philosophy related topic. And this week is… “the first day of school.”
Day 1
  1. Seating chart.
    1. Not a fan but need it for learning names.
  2. Have them download a few apps we’ll need for the class.
    1. 1:1 ipads sets the tone that the ipads are for learning, not games.
  3. Personal teaching philosophy
    1. Relationships
    2. Transparent classroom
    3. Exposure to science outside of school
    4. Practice skills needed throughout life
  4. Top 4 apps (10 min each and rotate)
    1. Evernote
    2. Thinglink
    3. EdPuzzle
    4. Canva
Day 2
  1. Mission statement
    1. If you don’t care about biology or science isn’t your thing, why are you here.
  2. PLANT poster
    1. Ways to show you are listening.
  3. Missing
    1. List of Rules
    2. Assignments
    3. Content
I hope you enjoyed this week’s episode and feel free to share, like, comment and subscribe! To all the other Educating Joes out there, have a great week teaching!
Outro

No comments:

Post a Comment